The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Auto/Biographies

Had five classes in today for a talk on Autobiographies and Biographies. It was fun and we had a great time looking at Sachiko, Marian Anderson and Ben Franklin. I encouraged them to find a book that was unusual. To not just look at the big names, but to check out the small names and find their story. One girl checked out Misty Copeland's Life in Motion, another boy checked out a book on Oscar Schindler. I did more book covering and put away all the non-fiction and two whole loads of graphic novels. I read The Sons of the Dragon King and showed it to our Instructional Coach and she was "I know a kid right now I need to show this book to!! Check it out to me!!" And then she took off for a classroom. A great busy day. Then off to score volleyball that lasted to nearly 6pm!

No comments: