The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Disembodied Book

Since it is Halloween, I took a book out into the hallway today that the textblock had fallen out of the boards and used it with the students "The most horrible thing you will see today" and other such words! Some of the students were really cute with that all! Mock horror faces, people trying to 'save' the book, some just wanted to take the book! It was very cute and fun. Worked more on ordering today, did a lot of interactive books. Finally realized that if I bought the paperbacks, I could buy four for the price of one hardback, so I went with that! I also had our technology guy come in and we talked about my idea for a span wall. That was cool and we talked about what needed to be done, how to do it. A cheaper but just as good a system. Instead of $10K+ cost, these projectors will do it for about $2K. So, here's hoping we can make that happen. I need to contact facilities to see about the other part of this, moving the shelves, making the wall smooth, putting in electrical. The screen is smaller than I thought, so we'll go with two projectors for now, but could really use 4 (yes, I'm dreaming!!) Got in my next JLG books and got them ready and out to LMSS. Hoping we can make it all work!

No comments: