The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Cleaning

When I got in this morning, all the chairs were up on the tables, so I decided it would be a good idea to have my aides clean up for our special guest who arrives on Monday! I had them put all the chairs down, dust the shelves and books. Clean the tables. I took down my Halloween display and started to work on a Thanksgiving one. It's coming along, but I'm not happy with it. Got a message back from our technology guy to do some more research on the span wall and to get some teachers involved. I asked our IC who I should talk to and she suggested Ms. P and she's the head of the technology committee! She was so excited! Mr. M is behind me, and Mr. G our LMSS PA. So now I need passionate teachers who love technology and are willing to build lessons around using this amazing piece of technology. So, things progress onto another step! I put away nearly a whole cart full of books that belong in the back. I nearly got them all done except for the 7th grade math books. Science got done and I fixed the books that the aides had put in the wrong place, all the LIT books are back on the shelf, all the 6th and 8th grade math books got put away along with our Core Connections for our accelerated students. Had one of our counselors come in and start arranging stuff for a meeting and I was "Woah! What's going on? LEAP is usually in here after school" well, she had reserved the library, and yes, there it was on the calendar, but I had no idea nor did Mr. J who runs the LEAP club! So we hunted him down and he was so accommodating! He would just keep the students in the Commons until the meeting was over, then they'd come to the library. I also put away a bunch of books today from my shelves! I even repaired a couple of books! Time for bed for me! I'm tired!

No comments: