The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, November 3, 2017

Ready!

I had my aides today make sure their shelves were perfect for our visitor coming on Monday! I am so excited Ambassador Young is coming to Leslie! Big wigs planning people were in today looking around, talking with our principal, making notes. I went around at the end of the day and did some additional straightening up, displaying diverse books, cleaning counters, even cleaned out my office so if they need space to stash stuff, they will have it! I loaded up 3 boxes of books I had for repair work, the box I have ready to send to LMSS, the box of books that other LMA's haven't requested, a box of books that's been on my file cabinet since last June. Cleaned off the main check out counter, cleaned off my office desk. It looks so clean! I might have to keep it that way! Wrote up the last of the books for the other LMA's to consider and had two responses, so I put those aside to ship out on Monday. Had both lunches in today. Had a call from a book seller and had to tell them sorry, we don't do that anymore. When we had librarians in the schools, they would take a look, but now we have to abide by our contracts and just don't have time! One of the LMA's Ms. M got a Crystal Apple award last night! She's been at her school a long time and recently became it's LMA, so she is very involved there. We are all so happy that she won an award! 46 people were nominated, and twelve got awards, so that's pretty special out of the hundreds and probably a few thousand of district employees! Gave a good look around the library and I think we are all set for Monday. Didn't close the windows this week, just so when they come in they'll see our beautiful view! I'm one happy LMA today!

No comments: