The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, November 13, 2017

Book Fair Opens!


Yeah! (Just picture Kermit the Frog waving his little arms and yelling 'yeah!!!' and that's how I feel!) Got into work early so I could hang up our banner and get the signs out before today's storm hits with wind and rain. And I was so bummed on Friday, went to the bank to get change for the book fair and they were closed. For Veteran's Day. I managed to get most of my coin change from my hubby who has a Tupperware container he dumps all his change into. Then I went to Safeway and bought a bag of potato chips - got three $5's and a couple of $1's. I had a $5, so that made my $20 in $5's! Then I went to Winco and bought more chips, some raisins and a Kombucha and asked to get my change all in $1's! And he did! My hubby and I had $8 in $1's so I was set! So I managed my usual $60 in change for the book fair this morning! That was close! And I did have students in right away buying, so glad that it was ready for them! Had three classes in for book talks and I asked if I could show the book fair trailers and their teacher said yes, I could, so I did. During one showing, the fire alarms went off, luckily while it was sunny and not raining, but the wind was cold!! Did about $110 today, so better than my usual first day. I didn't get any of the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid books in, so I had to order a box. I hope they get here tomorrow, but if not, I'm sure they'll be here by Wednesday. I was very unhappy that someone stole a fidget spinner from the pack. Then, when a class was in, another one went missing. I let the teacher know and after school, one of our teachers found one of the missing ones on a chair, under the table in the far corner of the library from the book fair. So, at least one was found! Got all my books put away this afternoon. Had a teacher take the last of the books from Sprague, and that made me happy that they will have a new home! 

No comments: