The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Meeting

Today we had a meeting in the library of the South Salem Connections (I think it was!) There was a lot going on in the library. Lots of students coming in to complete work. Students coming to the book fair. And we had this meeting set up for around lunch time. We had to put almost all the tables together, and a lady brought in sandwiches and other munchable things for the people who came. They talked about our Peer Mentor group and what they’ve accomplished, as well as some of the other things our student body has done. It was very nice. Since it was over lunch, I handed our passing person two of our old lunch passes and if the students were coming down to buy, she could send two at a time into the library to get their purchases and then leave so someone else could come in. It worked pretty good, though my regular students were not happy about it I was told! But there’s no way they could have all come in with our meeting. Tomorrow they’ll be in and happy! Had a $25 hat stolen today. That makes about $50 stolen that I know of. I’m sure there’s more. Made about $200 today, so not bad considering we were basically closed for lunch. I made out our overdue slips today, and the computer formatted them different, and I was like, oh, I like the portrait style more, printed them up, put on the notes I do by running them back through the printer. As I was writing down the classes for the students I haven’t done before I noticed one thing, No Book Title! The notices were short, so they got the call number and barcode of the book overdue, but no title! I was a bit tempted to do them again, but decided not to. Next time I’ll make sure I have them the landscape way with the titles on them! 

No comments: