The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, November 20, 2017

That was Different

I have to work 2.5 days through today and tomorrow so I get Wednesday off! Huzzah! Love that schedule! Today I started at 8am, even though I wasn’t supposed to start until 9, I had to go to my Pathway this morning. Childhood Trauma and how that affects Learning. So very good! Then on my way back to work around 11, I asked my hubby if he wanted to meet me for lunch at one of our favorite places, La Hacienda - it’s not far from Leslie, and he did! So I had a nice lunch with him before heading on to work. When I got back to work, I had a phone call that we had our book give-away tomorrow and to be sure and come to meet someone...our teacher that fell down the stairs and really hit her head horribly hard is doing part time work at LMSS!! I was so excited! I had heard she was there, so I found out what time she came in and will go over there to pick my books and greet her! I made up a quick card for her (hey, we’re in a school right? We have construction paper, pictures, glue sticks....!) and sent out a notice to staff for them to come and sign. I checked in a whole bin full of books and put away most of them. Sold a few things here and there to parents of students who came in for conferences after 4. Had two girls from other middle school libraries come to see my library and how I have it done and we had some good talks and I got a good recommendation for my students who want to read high school appropriate books - to send home a letter to their parents/guardians/whomever to sign before I give the student the book. Loved that. Took up book fair money to our bookkeeper and we counted the batch I had turned in last Friday to our office manager and the new one I had ready for today. Trained our IC on how to collect book fair money since I had to leave for the day at 5:45 and conferences go until 7. (Or 7:30, I forget which!) She is so amazing! Work from 10am - 7:15 tomorrow and then I am done until Monday! Huzzah!

No comments: