The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, October 27, 2017

Canoodling


I think I am done! I attended a paint night where the instructor told us to not canoodle! You just start doing more and more until you really don't like it anymore! But I felt the white birds/seagulls/doves were not enough and thought I'd put in some colored birds because, well, I could! I think I'm done! No more canoodling!! There were spiders in the library! One of my aides said 'look!! Mrs. Willer!! There are spiders, big ones up in the corner!!' And I looked out my office door and all the way across the library I could see them!! And they were big!!! I called up to get our custodian to get them down since they were way up by the ceiling!! He got them and killed them. Makes me shiver!! Had my aides work on doing a 'Kercheski' method math book check out. Worked on getting our surplus books into boxes and starting a pile to see if we will have enough for Garten to come and pick up, or if I'll have to take them down to them. I actually took both my breaks today. Emailed with technology for them to come out next week and see our library and how technology might work in the space. Made a list of books for the other Middle Schools to look at from the books Sprague sent over last school year. I had mostly picked mine out, so I did an excel sheet on title, author and a quick blurb on what the book is about. Already got one response! I would so much rather get them out there than send them to be pulped. Printed up all the overdue notices and got them all ready for Monday - though I still have a few that I need to look up in Synergy on Monday. Then I went through the ones ready to go and circled in red pen the due dates of books that were due in September!! I hope they come home!

No comments: