The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Turn Around

One of our aides received a 'Turn Around' award, so today, Mrs. M and Mrs. H were invited to come to the luncheon for these amazing kids that have turned their lives around. I was honored to stay and watch the library so they could attend. I processed 5 magazines for us today and 2 for teachers. We got in numbers from the English department on how many of texts they would need for the incoming humongous sophomore class and I did some inventory on what the report says we have and what is actually on the shelf. After my colleagues left, I moved up to the front desk and stayed up there the rest of the day. I had a substitute teacher read shelves for us. Mrs. H's student teacher worked on the repairs for our Chemcom books. I had aides put away a whole cart load full of books - and I helped with that as well. I also found a big mess in our poetry section and I think it's all straightened out now. Put money in print accounts, checked in two classes of Foundations of Algebra Year 2 Volume 1 and checked out two class sets of Volume 2. Had another student claim they never checked out a book that we are billing them for. We explain to them that for now, yes, that should be a book of theirs since we never check out a book without their student ID. Checked in a set of books that a teacher had checked out. Another teacher set of materials for a social studies class. Billed two students because when they turned in their Foundations books, one was missing the front cover, and the other was missing the front and the back cover. Helped a student print up their brochure and, I'm sure there's more, but it was quite the blur! Congrats to our aide, she really deserved the award and I'm so proud of her!

No comments: