The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Karma

So, I started this book called Surfing the Himalayas. Today a kid comes up and we start talking and he loves to snowboard, so I told him about the book and he was so interested, I pulled it out and checked it out to him. Must be Karma! Mostly did repairs today. My computer was very slow. I worked up a skit for the video announcements on Monday about getting in textbooks and library books, so I hope the kids will do it! Made up a list of Fahrenheit 451 books that are out and the ones still out from the previous class Ms. A took to Ms. G and she's going to make sure that kids get them in! We got in about three today already, so hopefully the rest will come in so everyone gets one. A teacher was looking for a student and couldn't find her on our check in sheet, so as she headed to the office, I decided to get more sheets since we were at the end of the last one, turned the page and there was the student's name! She did come in! So I hustled out the door and caught up with the teacher as she was half way through the office and caught her! So she came back with me and looked at the time. So, it was good! Our practicum student is a biology teacher so she went through our science section and pulled books to destroy, so I spent the last part of the day destroying (in the computer) the books and marking them out to be picked up for surplus next week. Have a great weekend!

No comments: