The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Day

Today we learned that our student with pancreatic cancer passed away last night - a beautiful girl, just 17 who loved the life she had. We had counselors in the library for the first half of the day for anyone that needed it. My meeting this morning was cancelled and since I was at home, I drove all the way downtown (15 min.) to find out I just needed to turn around and go to school. Did some repairs today, checked out books. Cleaned off my desk from all the repairs - I think I only have about 5 books to go! Packed up another box of magazine holders for an elementary school and packed up more surplus books. Sent out my response for the inventory to our inventory team and Mr. C thought I did a good job of answering the questions raised. Getting ready for AP testing for next week when we won't have access to the library and need to just work in the back so we think we'll pack up surplus equipment and inventory our books.

No comments: