The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Site Down

Today was the perfect day to get inventory done after the kids left at 1:15. I messed about with an old laptop which took forever even to get logged on. Then I switched to one of the new computers in the lab, got it working, all ready to go and it wouldn't read my scanner. I called Tech Support and they couldn't get it done remotely either. So I pulled my computer out and hooked it up, found a working internet port and wouldn't you know it? The library site we use was down for the rest of the afternoon! So frustrating!! I had all this great time to get a lot done, and the site failed me. Ugh. Not that I didn't have other things to do! Shelved the books that came in, did some repairs. Got some picky things done that I hadn't had time to do. But still! Came in this morning and sorted out all these little tiny books that were in plastic boxes. I'm not totally sure why, but I think they were for the little kids to read when they couldn't check out maybe? Did my four classes. Read "All the Wrong Questions" to one fifth grade class and "Alcatraz and the Evil Librarians" to the other. Then asked if they would like to recommend books for purchase for next year. I had quite a few that really got into that and gave some good suggestions. My younger classes had "Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs" and colored, and I think they enjoyed that. Then my lunch, then cafeteria duty. We had our last birthday celebration for the summer and I took some time to sit and chat. Then into the library for my afternoon of wishing the site would work!

No comments: