The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, June 2, 2014

Inventory Start

No more LLI so I got to spend my whole morning in the library. I decided to start inventory today. I thought I'd give the big books a first trial, and what a journey that was! I was expecting a couple of catagories, non-fiction and fiction. It turned out to be eight different catagories by the time I got done! There was the non-fiction, the Title I non-fiction, the Title 1 non-fiction. Then the Everybody, the Title I Everybody, the Title 1 Everybody and the Biling and Bilingual! That needs to be simplified I think! Worked on a poster for Mrs. M. Took kids into the upstairs lab for Read Alongs. Down for lunch and cafeteria duty. Then Mrs. L's class came in and we did Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs and I had them do a couple of activities to go along with it. It was a lot of fun! Then a bit more library time and back up to Mrs. M's for the rest of the school day. Checked in books, found a book in Mrs. M's room that had a spine label, but the barcode was gone and someone had tried to rip off the Bush library sticker. I've had one other I've found this year, but still makes me sad that kids would do that. Shelved books the rest of the day.

No comments: