The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Aiding and Checking Out

Today all my aides got a chance to check out books. Most got to check out both books and textbooks, but a couple of periods got to check out one or the other. I gave 6 periods a talk about our new search engine - then they got to check out books. I found I can get to the catalogue search on the generic account thanks to our Yammer conversations, but I still want to get to the full check in/out using the generic. Not sure I'll get it, but am hoping. Got out books to Mr. M today. Sent off requested books. Filled the rack with books we already had since I don't have the new ones ready to go yet. I did get my lunch correct today! Got all the new sign up sheets into the notebook with the lunches correctly on 5th period! The 7 period day seems to go by so fast! I had students still checking out books today after the bell rang. Lunches are crazy with students wanting books! Put away a set of CD's for audio in the back room. It was a crazy day, with lots getting done. Books are getting out there and kids are happy! I only have one that buzzes around wanting to know if I got any new graphic novels in. So cute! Throat and eyes were better today, got a bit of rain last night and just got a nice sprinkle here! We so need the rain!

No comments: