The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

6th Grader Day

Today was all about the 6th graders and getting them used to lockers, different periods and the layout of the school. I really enjoy this day! So nice to have a small amount of students in today. I've heard we have 810 this year at the moment so tomorrow will be interesting when they all come back. I have aides every period this year. Oh my!! Spent every passing period out with the students helping them find where they needed to be. Helping with lockers. Spent time answering emails about The Secret Garden books one of our teachers want. Pulled and checked out to teachers today. Laminated. Got my schedule from Mr. M and he had given me an hour and a half lunch! Ha! So I changed that. But I am also to help out at the after school club if needed this year. Ugh. I get more work done that needs to be done after school than all day. Had teachers coming in after my new stop time and they weren't happy about that I had to leave and they would have to wait until tomorrow, but that's just what needs to be done. Smoky even inside the building today. The wildfires all around us were crazy. We looked like we were in fog all day, but it was smoke. You could smell it. I was very grateful that the library was one of the coolest rooms in the building today. Every where else I went you could feel the heat and humidity. We are all hoping it rains soon, no lightning please. There were even air quality advisories out today. I've never seen it this bad. Ever.

No comments: