The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Battle of the Books

I held an introductory meeting for Battle of the Books today during lunches! I had about 17 students show up, so that was encouraging! I was flipping along, trying to finish the fiction inventory and then thought, I have my meeting today! So, I went and looked on my PowerPoint and my one from last year that I was just going to switch out books, was gone! I had to quickly snap together a whole new PowerPoint for lunch - which was only about an hour away - oh my!! I think it turned out well, but the videos were not near as good as last years. Since B lunch was a bit later for the students to come in, I didn't even show it, but rather talked up the books myself. I think I did pretty well! I did finish up doing the shelf inventory, found a few things I missed - like I have all the Goosebumps books over by the reference section (how could I have forgotten about all those??) and the 39 Clues (all written by different authors) and a few other spots. Then I ran reports on what was still unaccounted for and started to trash all the 111's and flip the others on there to lost. So now I'll have to see if I can 'finish' the inventory and go on from there. I'll have to ask Mr. G. Then off to score volleyball tonight and an urban emergency preparedness class at REI.

No comments: