The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Inventory 111

Today was assembly for the school fundraiser today, so periods were shorter and I had to take my aides to the assembly. It was all right. I decided to go ahead and get started on my inventory. Having students look up books that may or may not be there was really bothering me, so I went for it. Put in a tester case of F aaa - Fazz and it went ahead and loaded ALL the fiction. Drats! But, just as well, I can start and stop as I please. So I would check in all the books on the shelf starting with just the A's. Round up all the books on carts and racks, then run a report on the missing - which was 5,000+ books off! But then I could take just the 'A' pages and work on those. I noticed I had books from school 111 supposedly on my racks and after a few of those, I called in to ask and oh my! It was a glitch from years ago and when they rolled over the program, it pulled back in all those books and if they were even part of a name from a book you had on the shelf at some point, it loaded it back onto your shelf. So I took my 'missing' books and had to do a three part search, one for the books that might still be in the library, one to delete all the 111 books (one title had 8 of them on the catalogue as being 'available') - then go in and mark all the rest of the books officially 'lost'. I feel good that our A and B sections are all done and I nearly got done with the C's. Did some laminating. Had both lunches in today. 

No comments: