The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, September 29, 2017

More Computer Work

Finished the Fiction inventory! Huzzah, Huzzah HUZZAH!!!  Decided to go rogue and go ahead and finalize it. I only had two books on there that I could not find in the system, but on the inventory side it said they were in, but turned them to lost. Over 5,500 books are done, and 473 (+/-) books were declared lost. We have bought 59 Diary of a Wimpy Kid books and only have 25! Wow! Then I discovered that we had books labeled for their Call # in the AR and SCI/FAN. So I worked on getting those deleted - they were again from the McKay 111's. Got the 10 pages of AR done, have just the 17 pages of SCI/FAN to go. Hopefully that will clear all those titles and books out from my catalogue. I had put in an announcement today that we would be running overdue book reports, over 340 of them! I also let our Language Arts teachers know to get those books in since they would be getting the overdue notices in their boxes! But luckily when I printed them up, there were only about 260 pages and of course, we did get in some of the overdue books today. When I left I had done about 90 pages. I'm getting a system down for looking up the students on our Synergy base and putting their homeroom # in the notes on their Destiny accounts. Almost considered taking them home, but decided no, that was work and I was done! Sad though, I was reading Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies  and took it home. On the way home my water cup fell over (it did have a lid on it!) and got the pages of the book wet. Arrggghhh!! So I quickly taped the book together and threw it in my freezer. Hopefully the dry air in the there will wick the moisture out and the pages will be fine since I taped the book seriously closed! 

No comments: