The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

All Together Now

Everyone was back at school today! So fun to see so many familiar faces. Some haven't changed at all, some really have! I have aides every single period except for lunch, plus one extra, so I have 13 aides. My most ever!! Not sure what I will do with them all, but today I spent most of every period talking to them about - emergency items - what to do and where to go with fire, earthquake and conditions. Gave all of them a tour of the library and environs. A little bit of why we do what we do. Talked to them about the new Follett program and how that will work. Hoping the techs will have my generic password set to get into Follett by tomorrow so we can check out books! Gave them my expectations sheet. My voice started to give out! Luckily I still had my cough drops there, so it didn't go completely, but almost. Then my right eye started to water and get mucky. I'm sure from all the smoke in the air. I think I've been breathing smoky air since mid July when I was up in Banff and Jasper. Discovered today that I did the sign up sheets wrong. Put my lunch break into 4th period with A and B lunch which it was, and no, my lunch is  now actually 5th period and that's when the A and B lunches are. So redid those, now I just have to transfer information to the new ones from the old ones. Got asked if I had lunch passes ready, and I didn't, so I quickly did those for today. Started lunch and realized that I was eating at the wrong time! So stopped and waited until I really was supposed to have lunch! Hoping for rain. No lightning please for our firefighters out there battling all the fires here in the West. 

No comments: