The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, December 4, 2017

10th Day a 3 for 2 Day

Got a call from Junior Library Guild today about Leslie’s upcoming renewal and an offer of 3 new catagories for the price of 2! I love getting the non-fiction and non-fiction plus catagories. I used them to enhance the non-fiction sections since they have been so outdated. So I picked three new ones to add, Auto/Biographies, Sports and Social Studies. I think they will all be great new additions to our library and getting new and relavant books in for us. I also gave three talks today to Ms. K’s classes on how to use our search engines to find books by Lexile. It’s nice to have that option since we no longer use the AR. With the new reading interventions we have, it’ll be great for students to be able to look up on their own a range of Lexile’s and the books that go in that range. Did a bit of book repair on The Plot to Kill Hitler. Someone had checked it out and did a pretty darn good job with tape and such from an obvious dog teething fetish, but I knew I could do better. I took off all the tape, and pulled off all the lamination from the cover, reglued the torn cover together, then touched up with marker pens from the white edges, got a nice piece of paperboard to put on the edge where the dog had nibbled it off, then colored it as best as I could for the book cover colors. I’ll tape the chewed corner up with cloth tape tomorrow, it wasn’t bad, but definitely a tiny bit deformed from slobber! I’ll laminate the cover tomorrow and it’ll be all set to go out. What an awesome book! Loved reading it! Got the chance to interact with quite a few students today as they came in to check out books. Put my books away. Had both lunches in. Nice out, but really cold! Getting down in the low 30’s this week! Freezing time...brrrrr! 

No comments: