The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

4 helpings of M&M’s

Maybe more than 4! I asked my secret Santa for mint chocolate and these arrived today in my mailbox! Happy snacking! I did happy snacking while finishing up the overdue/lost notices and got those sent out to classrooms today. Books started coming in, and that was a good thing. Gave all my aides two of those tiny candy canes today. They have really done a great job for me this year. Had a couple of teachers ask about what books did I have on other countries, and then she was asking for the Lexile of those books and her auto-spell check put in ‘textiles’ - so I got a sentence asking if I could look up the ‘textiles’ of the countries. That made me truly laugh out loud! I told them it was more of a what countries did I not have, because we do have a huge collection. Then I suggested they come down with their Chromebooks and use them as well as pulling books off the shelf for their country. Ms. T liked the ‘textile’ idea and thought she might have them do a paper quilt of countries! Put my books away today. Cleaned up the snowflake table, twice. Had both lunches in. Put books back in the ‘repair’ boxes. Was supposed to have two classes in for book talks, but they moved them to Friday. So my book talk books will sit on my desk a few more days. Cleaned up glitter in the back room. Was thinking what a happy day it would be if it snowed tomorrow like it did last year on the Wednesday before winter break! But no precipitation is in the picture at all! Very nice sunrise this morning with the sun coming up through bands of cream sickle colored clouds. Made me stop and look several times!

No comments: