The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, December 7, 2017

7 iPads a Wanderin’

Talked with our tech guys this morning to see about getting our wireless projector remounted and then routed to sync with teacher Surface Pros and student Chromebooks and they said we had two ActionTecs already in the building, but that’s what I would need. So I emailed our principal and he said to go ahead and have them put in the projector, but didn’t say anything about getting us another ActionTec. I tried to find a price, but that’s a whole company! So I asked our tech team for some advice and pricing on exactly what we would need. Had my aides work on a Christmas tree by our doors today. They have to each pick out a book and we’ll hang books on the tree, or like gifts under the tree! We’ll see how that works! My first two aides I asked for book suggestions came up with Stephen King’s It and then Deadpool. Not very Christmas/Holidayish to my way of thinking! We had a district employee come in with our missing iPads today and I got them all received into our system and then checked out to students. I still have some to go, so hopefully Mrs. M will get her students to bring theirs down or send me the info. I sent her the barcodes so she might be able to just email me the information. Sent off some books today for another school who is looking for OBOB books. Covered two books and got them out and one was checked out already! Sent off the last 4 OBOB books I picked up from Escape Fiction. Gathered together all the OBOB books I have on hand and got from Scholastic that we will be using. Five copies of ten titles! My back counter is nearly full!

No comments: