The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, December 11, 2017

5 Overdue Notices

Yes, today I printed out 317 overdue/lost notices for our students. Got them all sorted by class and only had a few I needed to go in and edit in their Language Arts class. Other than that, a pretty normal day. I read Found again for our OBOB books. Put in all the iPad mini’s that were emailed to me and I got this morning. Put some repair books in the back after I edited them to show they were not on the shelf but ‘out for repairs’. I spent a bit of time on the Library Guild order and thought it was just the books that were going to be $7, but it was way more complicated than that and I really didn’t have the time to scroll through their 150+ pages of books on offer. The only way you see the discount is to actually check out and that was not going to happen. And since I got notified that my PermaBound order was on its way, I only somewhat regretfully canceled all that. Maybe if we had librarians at our level it could have happened. Had a tech come in with a cable for the students to be able to plug in their Chromebooks. Now we just need the ActionTec for the teacher Surface Boosk. Started a Make a Snowflake table in the library today and had some students during lunch making snowflakes. I even printed up a tutorial for them (and me too!). Teachers came in after school for data teams. Helped Mrs. F on the laminator she needed to get things done for tomorrow and I ran the other things that had collected for me to do tomorrow. Very cold in the library this afternoon, I ended up wearing my scarf all afternoon to keep warm! Put some leftover Pumpkin and some Irish Soda Bread out for staff and they ate it all! So glad it didn’t go to waste! Left my Secret Santa gift in the mailbox of the teacher it is for and had made a thank you card for the poinsettia I got to take home Friday afternoon! 

No comments: