The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

3rd Music Assembly

So excited to go to our winter music assembly today! I love to hear our students play! We had our choirs, band, orchestra and jazz band play this morning! Absolutely loved it! Though I did start to cry, thinking about my mom and all the concerts we went to together. I loved bringing her to the school concerts with me because she so enjoyed it. I really miss her. I cried on and off all day but held it together. I think what started it off was a teacher who I am the secret Santa for. I had made a card with a leftover top from all the cards my mom had saved for years. He told me he tossed the card, and I was like in my head going, ‘you have no idea how much that meant to me to share that card with you, and you threw it away.’ Which of course, got me to thinking about my mom for the rest of the day. I got to listen to part of my hubby’s jazz show while I covered the OBOB books. Finished reading ‘Found’ today. Pretty darn good book! Put books away, had both lunches in, cleaned up snowflake cuts from around the table after lunches, but the students are making some amazing snowflakes. Some they keep, and others they leave so I put them up! 

No comments: