The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Free Reading for Summer

I worked on this all morning. Checked the links and had to do a few things. The link to different options were good except for one, so I had to register our school, then get the correct link to access it. The biggest problem I had was with the Barnes and Noble site. Yes, they have a summer read program, and we don’t have a store here in Salem, but there are several in Portland and Bend, so it is possible. But you need to fill out a summer reading journal, and I could not find out where to download the journal from. I finally called the main number and she didn’t know either, and put me on hold to have me talk to regional, but I finally had to hang up because it was time to get the STEAM stuff out. I lost the headphones today for the SNAP Circuits set I have. I think I know who did it, but getting him to admit may not happen. Sad face. So yes, I put up STEAM stuff today before lunches and after to put it all back. Did some laminating. I ended up just taking the Barnes and Noble stuff off. Then sent it out to the Language Arts people and also to put in our Newsletter and on our Leslie Middle School website. A great day. Need to pick up a book from Salem Public Library and then just home and to grill some Rosemary Chicken. Got the rosemary from the garden right outside the library windows. No one’s done anything about it this year. But the rosemary shrub had all new shoots and lovely fresh supple pieces and a soul happy smell.

No comments: