The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, May 16, 2019

Thursday Drag

Oh my, thought this was just a dragging day. All five days this week! And next week! Getting close though! Got in more ‘lost’ books today brought in by students. I had a Chrome Cart in that I decided to relabel the Chromebooks since only 3 had tags on them. I got all the tags ready and got through about seven of them before I realized that I had them labeled for Chromecart #1, instead of where they really were, Chromecart #10! At least it wasn’t too hard to change them and then continue. Did some reading today. Had various students in all day for various things. Only six more days of check outs and we’re done. Heard my announcement today, so that was good and hopefully getting to students to get their books back in. I was pleased to see the new Buffy the Vampire Slayer graphic novel finally come back. Boxed up more discarded books. Emailed a lot for student and other reasons. Had to help my aide who yanked at a zipper pull for my other aide and pulled it right off! They were both pretty freaked out. She was trying to work on it, so I showed her how to pull the teeth together and then wiggle the pull back on making sure the cloth around the zipper got fed in the right way. Then an aide pulled out a crochet book that has some cool half gloves that I might have to try and do with my yarn I got from Scotland. Might be worth a try!

No comments: