The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, May 9, 2019

Red Wednesday

Hi, I’m back! This is actually Thursday morning, because I was soooo tired yesterday. When I thought about posting, I got distracted! Monday and Tuesday I was off because my husband had knee surgery and I was with him. He did well, so I went back to work Wednesday for the teacher walk out day. May 8th was a day for teachers to come together and say how much our students matter. Smaller class sizes, the need for counselors were the two top priority items. I liked that they had in there to get Librarians back. We have less than one certified Librarian for every district in the state. That’s sad. School was on an ‘Emergency Closure’ because so many teachers had asked for the afternoon off and we didn’t have enough subs in the district to accommodate that, so they had at our school, all students left at 12:10. I spent the morning trolling through the last two days of emails and since classes were only 28 minutes long, by the time I took my attendance, was visible in the halls during passing, trying to find summer reading programs for our students to put in the newsletter, it was time for them to be gone! For the afternoon, I started working on organizing the math textbooks that were used for the year. Put out my grid markers and started going through all the sets, which ones needed to be sorted, and which ones we didn’t use during the year. Got two sets done with a little help from some substitutes and I’ll have my aides start working on the rest today. 

No comments: