The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, December 5, 2019

Booked Up!



Ha! I thought that was funny, but yes, Ms. M had all her classes lined up and the DLC class as well meant for a completely full day. Ms. M had her classes in to research a topic with our non-fiction. We ended up checking in/out quite a few books today to accommodate them. So they were in for five periods, then I had the library set for the DLC, but they never made it. Sometimes they are OK to come down, and sometimes not. Flexibility is the key in the library! Along with Ms. M, we had groups coming down from other classes and managed to fit everyone in. Had to get seven dictionaries to Ms. P. Counted out and sent all the rest of the book fair money to our bookkeeper. Finished up the Aide reviews for the binder. Our bell schedule is really hard for me to read, so I redid it today with the schedule that makes sense to me and in a bigger font!! I tabulated up the books I have in Spanish. One of the LMA’s had asked what we had, so I got those statistics together and posted them. When I did inventory yesterday I found several books that I thought would benefit from moving to the 920 or 921 shelves. Then I also looked at our snowflakes on the windows. The first art students did a great job putting them up with tape rolled underneath, the second set of students, not so much. The snowflakes were so pretty but with chunks of masking tape holding them on so pretty shapes with pretty obtrusive tape on them, yuck! So I went and rolled the tape and made them all look very pretty. Now we’re snowflaking! ❄️

No comments: