The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

More Trivia!

We had five Language Arts classes come in today and they had answer a trivia question to get to check out a book. It was cute to see how many kids could get them right and how many kids were totally clueless! But everyone got their books anyways, so all good fun! Though I had a class in for 5th period, they were gone just a bit into lunch, so I did have B lunch come down. They wanted the MakerSpace cart out, but it is getting cleaned up and ready to reopen in January. Nice to have so many students ask where it was! I put away a ton of books today. One of my aides is out the rest of the week, so I put hers away, and the aide section that was left right at the beginning of the school year, all the manga and all the non-fiction. I felt that was half my day putting away books! Had my student come in again to work on repairing a book for her dad. We taped up the corners today and about all we have left is a bit of gutter work. I had to try and find some black fabric to fill in some strips there, and finally found some! Yeah! Then started to read a new book. Gave cookies to our IC who is teaching a LA class while we wait for the new teacher to get here and they are a handful. So I gave her a ‘gingerbread’ man shaped cookie and left a little note “and if you feel you need to bite off someone’s head, try this one instead!” She got a big kick out of it! I was glad to see her, because I thought, ‘oh, oh, if she’s not here today and the sub sees that....’ Two more days to go!

No comments: