The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Election Day

Had a great Advisory today. A lot of the students are really interested in the election. I had a meeting with our new Assistant Principal about what I do and how he can help. I told him I was pretty self sufficient and just to know I could call on him was great. I spent the rest of the day working on my books, answered some questions. Had a student talk about a book that to her was pretty horrific, so I asked her if she wanted to talk about it, and she gave me a synopsis. It was pretty scary. So I told her that yes, there are horrible things in our world. But also that all of the school employees were mandatory reporters, and what we look for to stop things like that from happening. I asked if she'd like some other book recommendations and she said yes, so I gave her some that were a bit more on the gentle side! I did send all this to her counselor, just in case something came up in the future. I didn't even notice that she was a 6th grader and the book maybe was more a 8th grade book.

No comments: