The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Still Waiting

 As of right now, we are still waiting to see who will be our president. Glad I just went to bed last night rather than wait up! Today I finished up working on the boxes of books I brought home. Then I went to work on the lists I had brought to delete books we no longer have from very old textbooks (one was dictionaries from 1975) and some others. I put some books on a list then realized that I had so many of them and when I got done with taking off all the books that I already had, of course, because the list was from winter of 2019. I thought I was putting books onto the winter 2020 list. Not so smart. But I did move the new books I had put on the 2019 list onto the 2020 list. Good thing I noticed! Listened to another of the webcasts from the Day of Dialogue that was really good on books about and from Indigenous peoples. I almost went by it, then decided I should listen and was really glad I did! Got some great titles and looking forward to the books coming out in 2021. Maybe even because it'll be 2021! I sent in an email to get a book put on a series list. Got an email from another school about books that had been transferred there five years ago and did I want them back, so I replied 'no'. The ones I do have at Leslie haven't been used in all that time and I certainly don't need more. I will book whisper to a student tomorrow for Ms. K, she sent an email that he would be available around 10am. Will be back at school tomorrow for book pick up and drop offs. Reading They Went Left. One of our LMSS peeps said I should read it for content before I check it out. 

No comments: