The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, November 23, 2020

Library Day

 I love to be in the library and doing work down there that needs to get done! Today I went up and got the three carts full of books from the old staff bookshelf and from rooms and maybe some from locker clean out. So I trolled through all of them. I found one that had a current student name in it and emailed her that I had it and let me know if she wanted it. I boxed up about five boxes of books that need to go. Some were very old teacher resources. I figure if the teachers hadn't come in and picked up books to use in their rooms, out they went. I did keep out four books that I felt deserved another chance. Then there were some other books that teachers had put on the staff bookshelf that no one had ever picked up. They were all great copies in fabulous shape, no marks or anything, so I will donate them. I did my outside hand out times today and finished a book, Deadly Aim. So good! About the Michigan Anishinaabe sharpshooters during the Civil War. Such a great look at the history of that area and the Civil War from a Native American view. So very good! Scheduled book talks for next week after I let the teacher I support know that I'd be off doing that and she said that was fine. I also wanted to let her know so she wouldn't schedule an activity where she needed me. I love to do book talks! Had a student pick up her next three books in the Warriors series. Had some time to work on the back room again. We got in a new copier and our bookkeeper needed some information on that so I left the manuals up on her desk for the next time she's in. I had to get to see if a book was on the shelf, but all the computer carts that were up in the staff lounge were put into my non-fiction section. I had to get the carts into spaces where they wouldn't be totally blocking shelves! Have I ever mentioned that I love my job??

No comments: