The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

October 26 - 30

What a crazy week! On Monday I was at the school all day, had our meeting, then collected books. I have 8 different book talks to do this week for 7th graders. I brought home three boxes of books, selecting for their 'mirrors and windows' theme for this week. I had to reread at least parts of most of the books so I'd have the good bits to read to students. I really love to do that. It is so much fun to read great parts and I even had some students asking questions in the chat. I had to do two classes by myself on Wednesday. First period went just fine, then I worked with Ms. R on two more. I could not get into 5th period and had to call for help. Mr. E stepped up and got the class going while I struggled to get back into Zoom. Since I was home my computer didn't want to hook up correctly, but I finally got in and did a poor job of book talks since I was so late and flustered. I felt bad. One out of eight classes is not too bad, but I still do feel bad about it. Thank you Mr. E for saving us all! I let the teacher know what happened. Thursday I went in again for book pick ups and drop offs. I cleared out room 213 for Ms. M of books and brought them all down to the library. I had new books come in so I took home six boxes of books and inventoried them all, putting in the date due slips. I'm sure there was much more, helping students, helping teachers. Checking in books that came into the office while I'm gone. Putting the quarantined books away. Those were the main pieces. Kind of glad I don't have book talks scheduled for next week for now!

No comments: