The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, November 23, 2020

Last Week

 Monday was a half day, so no library time. Tuesday and Wednesday I grappled with learning my new duties as support for 7th grade Language Arts. My Q2 (Quarter 2) duties are really wrapped around class support on days I'm not in the library and I must admit I spent a lot of time hashing out my schedule with where I needed to be when! I finally came up with:  

Adv. - 9:00 - 9:151st - 9:20 - 10:202nd - 10:25 - 11:25Lunch3rd - 12:20 - 1:204th - 1:25 - 2:255th - 2:30 - 3:30
MondaysLibrary Work
TuesdaysAdvisory - HelblingK-prep R-AvidK&R ELL LA7K&R ELL LA7K - LA7K - LA6
WednesdaysAdvisory - HelblingK - LA7K&R ELL LA7K&R ELL LA7K&R prepK - LA6
ThursdaysAdvisory - HelblingLibrary Work
FridaysAdvisory - HelblingK - LA7K&R ELL LA7K&R ELL LA7K&R prepK - LA6

So I still have two days in the library and I'll still get to do book talks by request. It was crazy to cut and paste everything in, getting times, periods, and everything all to make sense to me! I am truly amazed by teachers who work through their schedules every day. All this computer time wears me out and I feel like a slug because I sit all day more or less. With only 5 minutes between classes, it's hard. I did breakout rooms with students. I took over Advisory for a day. It was fun to talk with students and teachers though, I like that part a lot! I helped a student find their BookCreator book they were working on. I enjoy it when I actually help a student! And I took over Advisory for a day. Thursday was my work in the library day and more books out of the back, stacking books everywhere to see if anyone wanted them on my Sheets document. Sitting upstairs to hand out books. I had a student come by and said she put a book on hold, but I didn't see it, and had been with a student to help him out with LA class, so I didn't get a chance to check my computer before it was time to go up. So I told her to wait a moment, and I zipped down to the library, found her requests, grabbed her books, checked them out and ran upstairs and got them to her. She was really happy! I was also out on Friday getting some time with my heart doc to see if I could get off one of my meds. And I did! Back on tap next week!

No comments: