The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, November 6, 2020

Thursday the 4th

 And still no president elect! Crazy. First of all I bashed my hand taking the boxes out to the car that I brought home and got a nasty big tear on my skin from that. Ugh, had to bandage and package it up for the day with this really old 1 inch gauze I had in my first aid kit from my hiking pack. It worked, but wasn't pretty. Took in three full boxes and then we had some nice Amazon boxes perfect for books that I took in - three of them as well. Put the books I finished out on the carts for easy access for me to see. Had my Advisory at 9 then one of the teachers who call me the 'Book Whisperer' wanted me to connect with a student to find him something to read. So I got a link up, sent her the link to the Zoom meeting and before and while waiting for him I looked at his check out history and started to pull books I thought he may be interested in. He never showed up. So, I started an email for him with the link to our Destiny Discover page and then put in all the titles of the books I thought he might be interested in, and added a few comments and a 'sorry we didn't connect' and BCC'd his teacher. Then it was off to set up for the drive by book pick up and drop off. Up I went. Had my Warrior cats student pick up the next two books and a new boy I was in a break out room with last week come get his book. Read When Stars are Scattered during most of the time up there. On the way back picked up from my mailbox, went downstairs and checked in the books that had come in since Monday. Then, I worked more on cleaning up the LIT books in the back back textbook room. Got through a lot, put the ones on the spreadsheet that could go to other schools. Didn't take any boxes of books home! But I did bring books home to read for Friday. 

No comments: