The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Helping a Student

As I worked through my stack we had a book that had been donated to 'a student that needed some help.' So I printed up the report and took it into the bookkeeper and she indentified a student that could use help on their bill due to financial circumstances, so we took that off her bill and I processed in that book. More classes in, lots more individual students. We had the first two rows in the computer lab suddenly all turn off. So I hopped over to the computer techs and Mr. R was right there and had access to the room with the breaker boxes and flipped the breaker back on. We are short books and the math department was looking for extra books, so I sent out a few e-mails. One school did a 'permanent' loan on Geometry books, so I asked if we could get some back. Another school offered to loan us books until we got in new books. Looked for prices for Mr. S for a grammar book and worked a bit more on getting things back in some kind of order in the back room. Blew the video announcements this morning, Mr. C came dashing in and we had to find the remote for the player and played the Monday and the Friday for a few seconds until we got the Wednesday one loaded! Argh, I hate to blow that!

No comments: