The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving

I'm so thankful for my job! What a glorious delight to go to work doing something you love and a place you love! It truly is something to give thanks for. I've never had a 'job' that I've loved the way my passion and interests coincide! I'm truly blessed! Monday I spent the day working in the back room moving all the math books. I still have a bit to go, but for the most part, they are all in their new homes, all the shelves tagged and with placards for the ones we can't see too easily! (On one side of the shelves, the books actually hang over the end of the shelf just enough so you'd have to bend over to read the label, so I took old date due cards and bent them with the numbers of the books on that shelf on them so we don't have to bend or guess!) I work my shift and a quarter since we have to cram two and a half days into just two! The school is closed on Wednesday, even though we're 'working'. Tuesday I did my other day and a quarter and processed magazines four for teachers and six for the library. Since the parents will have two tables to wait at for teacher conferences, I put some out for them to look at while they wait. Mrs. H wanted me to revamp the Realidades teacher resources from one catagory with everything in it, to each item having its own. So, I did that on the computer. I barcoded the last of the Literature - Reading Fiction, Poetry, Drama and Essay. I don't have enough room on the shelf for all of them! Helped a couple of students today who were in for conferences and needed some textbook help. Went through my folder of textbook orders we had this year and organized all of them. Happy Thanksgiving to all and God Bless Us, Every One!

No comments: