The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

That's Life

So, Mrs. H left yesterday for a procedure and I had to leave early to have a tooth pulled. I first let the office know that Mrs. H was doing fine (I texted with her last night) and collected the mail. I checked e-mails and one of the teachers had borrowed some of our wonderful Life magazine collection and left it for me or someone to put away, so I took the opportunity to get those all back in order. I pulled an aide to help me, then went back and rechecked, made some more adujustments on there and got them all in chronological order. They date from 1937 to 1980 something. We had a book where a student had really ripped a page and he had brought in a replacement copy, so I took the page out of there and put it in the book copy. Hopefully the repair will be good when I check it when I go back! When I took the book out, it was on a box, so I pulled the box down to look at it and there was a whole set of Marketing materials, mostly student workbooks, so I sent an e-mail to our marketing teacher and he'd never heard of that. I will check a few more things when I get back to work. I took all the excess money from print accounts and locked them away. Mrs. H and I have the only key to the storage lock box and I'm not sure if I'll be in tomorrow or not! It hurts, goodbye for now!

No comments: