The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I Just Want to Play with the Books All Day

Pulled the plug on the TV when I came in since the testing hadn't started yet so we could show Channel One after second period started. We helped a few students before we had to shut the library doors for testing. The phone rang and I had to go in and turn them to 'do not disturb', something we usually remember to do! Mrs. H brought in the books we bought last Saturday with the last PO she had. We took off the price tags, stamped them and put in the Tattle-Tape strips. It was so much fun to got through the books, but they'll be the last for the year. Checked out a class set of Glencoe Health to Mr. G, pulled the rest of the Mythology books for Mrs. M and Mrs. M. Worked on the oversized books, trying to use the green labels we got to set them apart. Mrs. M went to our staff meeting and the news was pretty grim, if you think you've reached the bottom, just look down kind of thing. I sang to Mrs. H from the 'Play on the drum all day' song:

I just want to work, want to play with the books all day!
I just want to work, want to read all the books all day!
When I was a little girl, the books they opened a whole new world,
I opened the cover and started to read the best stories ever, can't you see?
I just want to work, want to stay in the library all day!
I just want to work, want to check out the books all day!
The books I read, they opened doors got my education and so much more!
Learned of other people and other lands, just from the books open in my hands!
I just want to work, want to share all our books all day!
I just want to work, want to check in the books all day!
They led me here, to the library, now I get to work here and be happy!
Surrounded by books, and kids who read, that's all a librarian really needs!
I just want to work, want to be in the library!
I just want to work, I want to be in the library!

No comments: