The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

13,850,001

I guess according to someone that is my blog ranking in the US. Ha! Made me laugh! Did LLI and worked with the kids on their other consonant sounds and read the play from the book. Made them take it home again. Practiced our words. Then got all ready for my four classes today. Put the podium stand we have out so I could put out a David Macaulay book for the kids to look through since he is one of our December authors, The New How Things Work. Not much for a reading group, so I read Peter Sis A Small Tale of the Far Far North for my older kids. For the younger ones I read Sorry by Jean Van Leeuwen and for the youngest we did The Mitten and though I didn't have a mitten, I brought in a hat with beany babies and we stuffed the hat with them. I think they liked it. For the afternoon I worked on my Baker and Taylor list. For some reason I had two lists, and not quite sure how that happened, so I printed them off and compared, got rid of one. Added more books to the list. I like how when I hit the price quote it cuts the list price down! Got rid of some of the titles I liked, and added others. Ordered some graphic novels! A great way to spend the afternoon. Might go ahead and submit next week, just to get it out of the way and make sure I get my budget in before it disappears!

No comments: