The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Today was our last day at work and I was certainly busy! Started with seeing a kid outside when I opened the windows this morning, he was outside in the 30 degree weather, an hour early, so I had him come in the back library door and come get warm. I guess his dad doesn't have a good clock, so he said. I ended up with 6 classes in the library to check out since we didn't get to check out yesterday. I read The Clown of God by Tomie DePaola, one of my favorites. Mrs. M let me read instead of heading up to her room for my half hour of aiding and the other teacher was grateful. Was up in her room for the last hour and helped pass out tons of stuff for the kids to take home and work on over break. Had a short LLI class since there was an assembly at the beginning of the regular school day and that was fun. Some Christmas music and a sing-a-long too! Got a couple of presents, one from a teacher at Sprague - warmed my heart! Got everything all shut down and turned off - oh, I just remembered I forgot to water the plants ~~ oh well, I watered them really heavy last Friday!

No comments: