The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, June 11, 2018

About the Same

About the same as Friday! We did Spanish books check in today and I also added notes onto the books that didn’t have their textblock number recorded yet. When the books originally came in, the barcode stickers also had numbers of the books (like #1, #2, etc) and those numbers were written on the ends of the textblock. If a student asked “I did turn in my book, could you check?” It was easy to look up the record, see it was book #3, and find it or not without opening every single book to read the barcode. I had done that a year back with our science books (so handy with them at 14 different sections with about 310+/- books for each section! We don’t have near that many Spanish books but it could come in handy. I also did more weeding for the fiction to get some space. I’ve gained about nine shelves with weeding and I’m just through the ‘F’s’. It is tedious to make decisions on every book! Some are easy, some are not quite so easy. Also took in some more iPads today and have to have the high school ones ready for pick up in the morning tomorrow up in the office. It’s our last Monday, last full period day. Assemblies for Tuesday and Wednesday and half day for students on Thursday! The days are counting down!

No comments: