The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

eBooks & Notices

So I had a student come in to try and check out an eBook from our Axis360 program. Apparently, you should be able to be on your Chromebook, logged in and be able to get to your eBook easily. But it wouldn’t let him log on. So I called tech and we tried a few options. Nothing. Then he told us to call LMSS, and we tried a few things, still nothing. Then they sent a tech to the building and he worked with the student. Nothing. He called a few people, nothing. Finally he got ahold of one of the higher ups who said that the student had only been using the initial password they start out with every year. Since he hadn’t been on a district computer and only the Chromebook, it hadn’t asked for him to change his password for the year. So I called him down and we got him on a hard drive, it asked him to change his password and voila! Now he could check out eBooks. But now I wonder, if students don’t go to a district computer and change their password, then they have no access to our eBooks. That would make me very sad. Then we had issues with my printer not wanting to print my overdue/lost notices. I was trying to get 4 on a page to save printer paper and it just kept getting stuck on spooling. I finally ended up doing just two to a page and that worked, but oh, the paper.....I spent the rest of the afternoon putting in the actual period of the day for the Language Arts class they were in so the teachers had less work handing them out. 

No comments: