The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Math Curse

Must have been today. I started finishing up the teachers and their items out. Renewing and then I also took the rest of the items that probably disappeared from their room by students and checked them in then made them generic lost. Then for some reason I decided to run the lost math books reports for each of the sets we have. In the first set I found 34 lost and fined math books! By the time I got through the 6th grade sets I had discovered 66 lost books that were sitting on my shelves in the back. I then went through the 7th and 8th grade books and found another 20. That's a lot less work for our bookkeeper finding all that! I also sent an email to our admin, our bookkeeper and our office manager to let them know about it and not to accept money without checking to be sure that there still is a fine on! I would like to blame my aides, but it's also my final responsibility. Glad I did find all that though! It had to be a curse that so many slipped through!

No comments: