The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, June 15, 2018

Goodbye to Teachers

I think we have about eight teachers leaving us for many reasons. We had a potluck today to celebrate  not only the end of the year but what they’ve meant to us as well as our school and students. It was nice. I checked in more books today, put some away. Put away the math books that were ready to go back on the shelf. Took the student iPads and got them all set for the summer in their special cart. That took awhile. Signed off a lot of teachers today. Today was their last day. I checked in lots of materials for them and got them put away. I decided back a few years ago to go ahead and take the books on the teacher accounts that disappeared from the classroom off the teacher account and just make them generically lost. So many times teachers bring a class set into their room and the students just take a book home to do some work and never bring it back. That shouldn’t be the teacher’s fault. I was busy all day, got a lot done. Had some great conversations with teachers, but now that they’re gone I’ll probably get more done! Two more days to go, Monday and Tuesday then I’m off for the summer.

No comments: