The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, June 4, 2018

One More Monday to Go!

After today there is only one more Monday to go for our students! We are really getting down to the wire on the end of the school year. I went through all my STEM maker kit stuff I ordered and got at the meeting on Friday. Transistors, jumper wires, LED’s, another power pack and it was fun to fill up the bins I had! Also sent the word out on the students that had to turn in their iPads from the district, especially those who will be going to other schools next year so they can be picked up and taken there before the schools all let out for the summer. I put our tables back in order since the science class is now back in their room. Checked in lots of books. Did three summer opportunities for reading book talks in Ms. K’s room today. She asked me to come back tomorrow for one more class. Cleaned up the back room and as I was cleaning, heard this drip...drip..drip.. so Mr. M was getting ready for the staff meeting and I asked him to come over, and the ceiling tiles were wet and I was thinking oh, oh. There goes our ceiling just like in Mr. H’s room that made him have to use the library for a week! But, it turns out, it was the upstairs boys bathroom. Someone had plugged the sink up and left the water running. Oh boy. I took some of the books off that were up there and placed a trash can under where the drip might come through. Did some laminating for teachers and for me. Both lunches in and lots of Chromecarts out roaming around! Eleven working days to go!


No comments: