The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Friday, November 16, 2018

Last Day

The last day for the book fair, the grading period, peppermint fudge...yes, I had to buy some. The money was going to Relay for Life, so a good cause! The students were a bit crazy today, they get a whole week off, we just have long schedules for Monday and Tuesday. I gathered together all my stuff for our Pathway on Monday morning. Had another good day with the book fair. Only got in like four book reviews from my aides. Considering I didn’t do the last ones, I can’t really blame them. But it’s the only thing I really ask of them writing wise! They all do a great job in checking in and out books, sometimes they even shelve well! I might put in a comment at the semester, but they do a lot of work and they will all pass. Changed some of the WWI signs I had up. One to say that in ‘November’ rather than ‘next Sunday’ and another with the stats of the dead and wounded and how the US lost 2,700 soldiers in the last six hours before 11am because they were ordered to continue to attach even though they knew the war was over. So sad. I wanted it to be right so when parents come in they will see it during conferences. Had students in all day for various reasons. Science groups, math students taking tests. Individual students getting books for the break. Moved my Scholastic stuff off the tables for the PD on Monday morning and did a little rearranging of them. Should be good to go and it won’t take much to put out stuff for the conferences on Monday afternoon after I get back in. Turned in more money today to the office. And a book was returned that a student paid for, so they get a refund, but our regular bookkeeper is out, so I took it to our office manager. I was happy to give our staff their $5 off coupons when they came to buy stuff. I know it helps! See you late on Monday!

No comments: