The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Thursday, November 1, 2018

All Saints Day

Today I brought in a candle (fake, with batteries for the ‘flame’) and had that out on a table with some fall  leaves and made it look really nice with orange tissue paper and red tissue paper leaves. No one really asked about it, just one kid and he was all ‘Oh, it’s the Day of the Dead!! That’s what it is!’ Not quite, but good of him to make a connection. Did the actual book repairs today and we’ll see how they turn out tomorrow. Sent off the KEVA blocks and the one I tried to fix, didn’t fix. Darn. Withdrew a few more books and replaced a couple of them on my list. Since I don’t feel comfortable lifting boxes, I took a box, put it on the floor and filled it with withdrawn books. Then did another, and then did a partial box! Yeah! No lifting and I have another cart to use when I need to! Gave two book talks today and had five of the six books I talked about checked out, Yes! Fist pump here! Love it when that happens! A really good day, students were not too bad even the day after Halloween. 

No comments: