The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Monday November 19th

Was totally busy after work and forgot to post anything! Same thing last night! So you get both Monday and Tuesday on Wednesday! Monday morning I headed over to LMSS for our Pathway. From 7:30 to 11am. We are discussing our book read for the session, Reimagining Libraries. We had some great discussions on spaces (our new LMA is upset about how crowded his tables are in the library but his principal won’t let him change them, so I noted that when I came in, our tables were scrunched together and I decided I needed to check their ADA measurements got my tables the way I wanted with no qualms from my principal when I said it was now ADA and suggested to our new LMA also try that avenue, we’ll see!), inventory (which I obviously did not pay much attention to - see tomorrow’s post) played with our LMSS Makerspace sets. Then as things wound down I was ‘Oh, can we pick our new books now????’ Yes!! Every year we get a free pick day on all the books that LMSS has received from vendors and publishers over the last year. We each got to pick ten books and then some extras from a few other shelves. We stamp them, load them on carts and LMSS gets them ready for us. A good morning! Then I had three hours until I needed to be at Leslie. I could have gone in, but then wouldn’t be there for conferences with parents hopefully getting our students awesome books! Had lunch, mailed a package, took a nice walk in our lovely sunny weather, then time to go back to work. I pulled all the stuff out of my office and put it out on tables for people to peruse. Then I have my aides do book reviews and I still hadn’t written them up for our binder of book ideas from the first six weeks, so I sat down to work on that. Kind of sad that I should have had 14 reviews, but only got in 8. It’s the only thing I really ask them to do academically, and so far I have never failed a student (I only get to pass or fail them - no grades) because they do work really hard for me checking in and out and putting their books away. They love to do the physical work! Which is a good thing! Did have lots of parents in buying for the evening conferences. Met my head goal! So tomorrow will be better!

No comments: