The daily life of a Middle School Library Media Assistant.

Monday, November 26, 2018

New Aide

Opened up the library from nearly a week off and had a new student come to me who is now my first period aide. That was a surprise! So I gave her a bit of a tour. Today is our AVID day, so I helped and she helped me do her binder check since I’d never done it before! She did need materials, so we got those, except she needed a new binder and the office didn’t have any. Hopefully we got it all done right! I also had her check out books to Mr. M who promised me mint chocolate if I got them to him before 2nd period. We’ll see. I also had this cool idea for my secret Santa gift last year, and when we came back to school, the little jar with stuff has just been sitting in the staff room, looking sad and lonely. So I had some quilt squares I had made last year and didn’t use from a shop hop and sewed four of them together for a mini table topper and brought in some batting for ‘snow’ and some other stars and put it all together for the staff room. I think only one person saw me, which is the way I’d like to keep it. Gives a touch of holiday to the room. Got a call from Junior Library Guild and had to tell them that I would not be renewing my order. Just not in the budget. Put out my scrapbooking stuff and had my 4th period aide kind of sort through it and put it in boxes. I was happy to see three lunch students using it! I also got in all my Scholastic money to the office today. Glad that is out of my room! Locked or not, still made me nervous! Scholastic did come today and pick up the cases and boxes. Glad to get those out of here. Had to go up and pick up paper from the office, our copier was all out. Got the computer cart out for the WOU class in tonight. Took down all the Book Fair posters from the hallways. I think I got them all! Not too bad of a day, one down, nineteen to go!

No comments: